Indulge in these delightful recipes that are perfect for kids during the spring holidays.
Kids' Oreo Smoothie
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Coco 22% Drinking Chocolate or The Good Coco 42% cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Oreos
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Crushed Oreos
- Whipped cream (if the kids have been behaving!)
- Place water, cocoa powder, and milk in the blender container. Cover; blend briefly on medium/high speed.
- Add Oreos and ice cream. Blend until smooth.
- Pour, serve, and top with crushed Oreos.
Tip: Blend water, cocoa powder, and milk ahead. When ready to serve, add the Oreos and ice cream. Blend.
Chocolate Toasted Marshmallow Cookies (Dairy and Egg Free!)
Engage the kids in a baking lesson that's both educational and satisfying. They'll eagerly join you in crafting these delicious, chewy, and gooey chocolate cookies!
- 2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1/3 cup Plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 cups Plain (All-purpose) flour
- 1/4 cup The Good Coco 42% cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
- 2g Fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups Dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag of Mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan (350°F).
- Whisk both sugar, milk, and olive oil together in a large bowl until fully combined and no oily streaks.
- In another large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, cocoa powder, fine salt, and chocolate chips together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until a dough forms. Then mix in the chopped chocolate or chips.
- Line two large baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Portion out the dough with an ice-cream scooper, spaced 5cm apart and away from the edge. Press a few marshmallows on top of the cookie dough balls. This will create pools of gooey marshmallows on top and will get toasty and delicious.
- Bake for 12 minutes for a soft, fudgy cookie and 15 minutes for cookies that are crispier around the edges.
Tip: Freeze the dough for another day to treat the kids.